Auto World Gold Plated Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Auto World Gold Plated Batmobile

Post by AndyFish »

No idea why I only ordered one of these-- because they are limited edition and the box is pretty darn cool. Anyway, ordered last week and it's already here. This thing rocks fellas and gals. The gold is intense!

Gold Plated Batmobile
johndeblasi

Re: Auto World Gold Plated Batmobile

Post by johndeblasi »

Thanks for the heads up Andy, just ordered one.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Stated to be a limited edition of 500 to AutoWorld but still available today! Just got around to building one last weekend. Several things, the decal sheet items are so small, luckily they provide 2 identical sheets and some decals are doubled on the page, and for licensing reasons the labels do NOT contain the word "BAT" like in "EMERGENCY TURN LEVER" vs EMERGENCY BAT-TURN LEVER" Mine contains both the cut Futura and full Edsel steering wheel I guess if you wanted to build the 3rd season look. My model also contained 2 piston-like items? not in the instruction sheet, could be hood or trunk supports (both don't open on the gold model) maybe piston shocks?? Others have stated that the previous various releases of PL '66 models have some redundant parts on the trees. Ordered some appropriate paints and will get to building this winter
Attachments
PLGold.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

If ever a model screamed for gold hubs!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
antman67

Post by antman67 »

Not bad for $40 I hope Jada makes a diecast one though. I'm terrible at making models.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Snap together so it's "easier"-- I think I find the glue models easier. Mrs Fish and I put this together Saturday night-- had a couple of difficult parts (and I hate putting models together) but overall it worked out.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

As ever, i'm excited for those of you who are excited by this.

This is one of those items that I would almost certainly buy if I came across it in person and then subsequently never build, just like the snap together Jada one I have sitting right next to me as I type this.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It actually looks good in the box. A good friend of mine passed away a couple of years ago, and he had a garage full of kits he was planning on putting together. His wife wanted me to have them but I told her I was as bad as he was, so we gave them to a Veteran's shelter along with some glue and paint. I'm told they are building them, after I get through this mess of deadlines I'll go and see for myself.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Working on it this past weekend. I ordered the "Chevy Engine Red" paint they recommend as I couldn't find it in my hobby stores but it's the orange color of the pre-painted striping on the body. I couldn't use it for things like the Bat-phone, fire extinguisher, antler topper etc. had to use regular gloss red. A silver paint pen really worked well on certain areas. I guess I forgot that for small parts you should keep them on the trees to paint! Started on the decals and as I stated they are very small and I need a loop to read them. They are so small you could put them upside down and not even notice. I know someone put one together and posted it on FB and the beacon cage was too far forwards. Haven't got to this point yet but I'll have to look at its position and modify as I go along. I think because this is a gold body I'm not too concerned with my exacting detail knowledge level. I've started several kits in the past with the black body and never finished them because I was unhappy with my build skill. This one I don't really mind!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Not the best I can do and I'll probably improve some things (just noticed I forgot the DETECT-A-SCOPE decal) , but I'll say good enough for not building/painting for many years!
Attachments
goldbat.jpg