Hot Wheels First Batmobile

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Hot Wheels First Batmobile

Post by Lou Szabo »

In case you missed this SDCC exclusive a few years ago, here it is in new packaging

https://wheelcollectors.com/collections ... ure-case-b

First Batmobile
First Batmobile
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Re: Hot Wheels First Batmobile

Post by AndyFish »

It's a shame they left the figures out.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

As Andy pointed out
IMG_3526.jpeg
IMG_3527.jpeg
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I agree, Love it when figures are included in the vehicle! To buy the one with the figures now it's over $100 on eBay easily and to me, that is JUST TOO MUCH MONEY and not worth that price in my opinion.
Without the figures it looks like an old car with a Batman logo slapped onto the package.
To remove it from the package the car would easily blend in with any other car. I already many cars that resemble this, perhaps not red but what's the point really? Just because something has a Batman logo on the package it's collectible? I buy what I like not buy everything and anything that says the word Batman on it or I'd be broke. I have to draw a line somewhere right?
Attachments
First Batmobile Hot Wheels.jpg
back.jpg
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Same here, I probably would have bought a few of them with the figures in it, but I don't care about the empty one at all.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

antman67 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:07 pm but what's the point really? Just because something has a Batman logo on the package it's collectible? I buy what I like not buy everything and anything that says the word Batman on it or I'd be broke. I have to draw a line somewhere right?
True. It begs the question: "am I really into this and going to enjoy it?" Personally. I'm not interested in every piece of merchandise slapped with a Bat-logo or based on some phase of the character. Items like this car just appear to be a shameless money-grab at those who would even be familiar with the early car--not that I believe many will buy it.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Besides the figures, it looks like the reissue is also missing the hood ornament included with the SDCC special. I wonder if the reissue has the "KANE 41" license plate.

I'm not a collector, but I can't help wondering if there'd be any point in 3D printing figures to fit in the reissue model?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hot Wheels doesn’t put characters in their 1/64 or 1/50 scale cars as a rule, so if one is building a fleet of Batvehicles over the years, this is a fit. Next we’ll argue about the accuracy of these minute figures, :roll: