Sadly, the actual show has never been released on video. The problem stems from the rights to Batman ( the character ) and the rights to the show. Someday we hope 20th Century Fox™ and Warner Brothers™ can come to an agreement but until that time, no commercial release is available. We don't sell episodes so don't ask the moderators. Please refer to our Merchandise Rules in regards to the subject of non licensed items including bootlegs. We do not endorse nor comment on tape / DVD sales and if you wish to pursue purchasing tapes or DVDs, you are on your own. We DO suggest you check out Amazon.com or Buy.com for the 1966 movie "BATMAN" which is available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Return to Top
Well, many have gone to "Bat Heaven" but Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig, and a few of the main villains from the show are alive and well. I would suggest you check out the main site for bios, sound clips and links to more info.
Return to Top
The Batmobile section is located here and Eric Seltzer owns the best Batmobile site on the web – The 1966 Batmobile Site. The Batmobile is one of the coolest cars ever made and Eric has done a super job.
Return to Top
David Sutton owned the now defunct 1966 Batfan site and was the original co-creator and custodian of the message board along with Gdog. The original message board crashed and burned in late 2005. The message board was relaunched nearly a month later on a new server by the current administration of Scott Sebring and Lee Kirkham with both David's and Gdog's blessing. Since 2009, Ben Bentley has joined the ranks as a moderator to help keep the site and community running as smooth as possible. This site is not affiliated with DC Comics™, Warner Brothers™, 20th Century Fox™ nor any other commercial entity and is 100% non-profit.
Return to Top
So you want to play Caped Crusader, huh? There are several places on the web you can find makers of costumes/props/toys/etc. of varying qualities, prices, and authenticities. You can ask our members whom they prefer, although we ask our members to please respond to these types of queries either by Personal Message (PM) or email so that we don't get any toes stepped on or feelings hurt. Plus, since these types of items are not officially licensed by anyone yet, we prefer to keep the board out of any potential legal entanglements. Check in the Bat Merchandise section for leads on where to find these types of items and refer to our Merchandise Rules regarding this subject.
Return to Top
Well, the interest runs high for many of the old Batman Items from our youth. To locate specific items you could try the Bat Merchandise section on the board, many folks with Batman related items are there frequently or another possibility is try looking at eBay. A word of caution – be careful with autographed items, some are probably signed by "Joe Make-a-buck" rather than Adam or one of the other stars.
Return to Top
The board is rated "G" for General Audiences. That means that if it couldn't be shown on the show in the 60's then we won't have it displayed or discussed here. We know it can seem very restrictive in this day age but we believe people can still have good clean family fun while being kid friendly. So there are no discussions or links of any adult oriented material or topics that includes but not restricted to: adult situations, sex, nudity, pornography, bondage, fetish or extreme violence. There are plenty of other places on the web for such things but this forum will not be one of them. Remember, "PG" friendly is not "G" friendly.
Return to Top
Ah, good question there. We really do try to have an open forum here within our "G" rating, however, there are limits. Profanity, abuse of the board or its members, filthy language, degrading or disrespectful comments about the stars from the show, things you wouldn't want your mother to read, you get the idea, are among the things we do not allow. This site and message board receives a wide variety of ages in its membership. The language used on it needs to reflect a respect for all age groups. The basic rule of thumb is to be respectful towards anybody and everybody whether they are a member, a star from the show or not. "Flaming" will not be tolerated and the forum is not a place for personal disputes. Debating a topic is permitted as long as it is done respectfully and does not become personal or a name calling match. The main reason we host our own board on our own server is we have control over the content. All moderators are the law as far as the board is concerned. We want everyone to enjoy their stay and have a great experience here so somebody has to watch over the board. Many of these things are addressed in the Registration Agreement that you confirmed to comply with when you joined.
If a post is determined to fall under the above description it may be deleted or edited with possibly a warning sent or posted. Hopefully, that will be the end of our involvement but should it continue, you may find your account suspended or yourself banned. If the post is considered to be in a complete and blatant disregard for proper conduct in keeping with the board rules, you may find yourself banned without any prior warning.
Another good way to find yourself dismissed from the board is to become a pain for the moderators by either being argumenative, an ongoing offender of "little stuff" or constantly telling them how to do their job. This may seem extreme to some, but the mods do not get paid for their ongoing time and effort to keep this site running and attempting to keep the peace. Long and short, give them a break and try to stay on their good side and you'll be golden.
Return to Top
We are in contact with many of the stars from the series and/or their agents and appreciate the efforts of folks to contact them for a donation, appearance, autograph, DNA sample or anything else. However, they value their privacy and if you want to contact them we cannot help. If the stars want to give out personal information great, but it is not our job nor right to infringe on their private lives. Likewise, we do not hand out any additional contact info of board members that isn't already made public.
Return to Top
Yes, actually they are. Batman is the property of Warner Brothers™ / DC Comics™ and 20th Century Fox™ (as far as the 1966 series) and it is their property. Are tapes and DVDs sold collector to collector? Yes they are. Will you go to jail for buying one? I doubt it, however I have heard that DC/Warner is really looking into illegal merchandise. Please check our Merchandise Rules on our policies towards this subject. If the show WAS ever officially released I wouldn't have to even answer this question.
Return to Top
Rest assured this is MY board, not some huge corporation's and I have no desire to do ANYTHING with your email. If you wish to keep it private, make sure and check the "Hide Email" button in your user profile. The reason for requiring an email is to be able to better ban abusers from the board and no other reason than that.
Return to Top
Currently there are no licensed or authorized resources for broadcasting or digital downloading of episodes to the series on the web such as Hulu or any other licensed services. Any episodes currently shown on YouTube are not licensed although this could be subject to change if any of the authorized parties decide to do so. On the other hand, shows like Star Trek -The Original Series or the Twilight Zone are shown on CBS website and links to a resource like that is perfectly fine (in the Off Topic Section of course.) But at the moment, Batman is not one of them.Return to Top
Okay, this may get into a little bit of copyright and redistribution jargon versus typical internet practices by many sites and blogs. But to put as simple a possible, we cannot display or link to unlicensed resources of actual episodes to the TV show or movie. This includes but not exclusive to YouTube. Just because somebody posted it on YouTube does not make it okay to show on this board. The powers that be are much happier with us when we comply. Excerpt footage that is used in a commentary or journalistic fashion can be linked or shown but not an actual episode or link that is the equivalent of broadcast in length and order of chapters. Even if the episode is broken into parts on said internet resource, it would be deemed as a complete episode. Public domain and promotional footage is perfectly fine to link or embed.
The blatant advertising of pirated copies of the Batman television series is forbidden whether or not they are for sale, trade, barter or download. Furthermore, information related to gaining access to said unlicensed and pirated material is forbidden on the board. Referencing specific bootleg vendors, websites dealing in bootlegs and torrent sites will be deleted.
If you are not sure, ask the moderators BEFORE posting such links or references to such links. Don't post then wait and see if it gets deleted.
Likewise, we cannot be a resource or link to resources that can be used to create bootlegged packages. This includes but is not exclusive to menus, cover art or labels. Even if you plan to use such material for your personal use, we cannot have any of it displayed or linked here. We cannot link or refer to other sites that are a resource for such materials. What you do privately is up to you but we cannot have any of this posted anywhere on this forum.
Policies, Rules and General Guidelines
By entering and participating you are agreeing to comply with the following:
Return to Top
- Unless you are licensed vendor of DC, Fox, or Warner Brothers products, you cannot list any pricing or ordering information in a public post on the board. If you ARE a licensed vendor of one or more of these entities, you must first contact the administrators before making such posts. If the item is licensed and readily available in stores (like a HotWheels Batmobile at TRU), then general pricing info is okay (Target has this on sale for ...) If you're not sure, then ask a mod first.
- All links to Batman related eBay listings are fine to share (but not pricing) on the board as long as they are in keeping with our family friendly guidelines (i.e.: no porn.)
- The 1966 Batman Message Board and its moderators take no responsibility for any private transactions that happen between members. This includes, but is not limited to warranties, turn-around times, money matters, quality or any other customer service matters. If you decide to do business with any member or non member, you do so privately and at your own risk. Just like a newspaper places a classifieds section, they do not get involved in any of the business transactions as the result of those ads. If you have a problem with a vendor, the moderators are not here to intervene as a go between or disciplinarian in regards to your business transaction.
- No business transactions are to be posted on the board. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Placing an order in the form of a post: "Hey BattyBatOhio, I'll take two"
- Setting up a business arrangement in the form of a post: “I can get your cowl out to you in three weeks, Robinoto.” “Fan-kid, send it to me via Paypal.”
- Inquiring about the progress of any transactions, “Yo Pengybreath, how far along are you with my Atomic Pile Reactor?”
All of these types of communications can be handled via private messaging (PM) or e-mail. Unsolicited blanket PM's for the use of advertising or propaganda to multiple people will be considered spamming and will be in violation of the board’s anti-spamming policy.
- The Merchandise section or any other section of the board is not a place for Customer Complaints or Negative Feedback of any sort. There are two sides to every story but this board will not be the stage or court for any of these types of discussions and debates. These often lead to heated arguments, "flaming", bashing, lynching and even false testimonies. Past history in this area has proven this to be too volatile to permit at all. If you feel it is your civic duty to warn somebody about a vendor that you had a bad experience with and you sense that a member is about to make a grave mistake in doing business with that vendor, send them a private message (PM) or e-mail. As stated before, unsolicited blanket PM's for the use of advertising or propaganda to multiple people will be considered spamming and will be in violation of the board’s anti-spamming policy.
- It is okay to make observations and critiques about crafted items, merchandise, costumes and other Bat-related items as long as it is done respectfully and not in violation of our “no customer complaints” policy. In other words, it is okay to point out the details or possible flaws of an item but not okay to talk about the business practices, turn around times or state things like, [i]“This thing was a complete rip off”, "These people are taking forever" or "Do not buy from this vendor."[/i] It is okay to praise in public but better suited to punish in private. So if you just got a working Bat-tracking device from JokingAl and you would love to share your enthusiasm, go for it. If you think the Bat-tracking device should have had a fifty mile range rather than a five foot range, go ahead and say so in a respectful way. If you think JokingAl is a crook for selling such a short range tracking device, don't make it public. If there is anything negative said at all, always keep the comments about the item/product and never about the vendor/ person. We don't want to want it to seem or become personal.
- As with any other section of the board - No flaming allowed.
- The blatant advertising of pirated copies of the Batman television series is forbidden whether or not they are for sale, trade, barter or download. Furthermore, information related to gaining access to said unlicensed and pirated material is forbidden on the board. Referencing specific bootleg vendors, websites dealing in bootlegs and torrent sites will be deleted.
It is the Administration’s intention and responsibility to maintain a positive environment and keep the peace on the board. This may be at the expense of what some may consider “free speech”, “the real world” or “a public forum” but this the only way we will be able to continue to have a Merchandise resource on this board. This is not up for a vote or debate. This site and board is privately owned and it's practices and policies are at the sole discretion of the Administration and its Moderators and are subject to change at any time. Refer back to the FAQ in regards to "Law of the Land." Violators of these policies, rules and general guidelines will be dealt with by the moderators as they see necessary. Be respectful, positive, understanding, play nice and most of all keep it fun.